Sunday, July 10, 2011

Baked Chili Cheese Dogs

Well now this is a great idea.  And a tasty one too!  Take an awesome food like a chili cheese dog and bake it and make it gooey.  Get your fork ready.
I got this idea from someone in a LiveJournal community that I follow.  I searched for her original recipe but couldn't find it after going through page after page after page.  But this is one of those things that is more of a method than a specific recipe so I'm sure I've done her proud.  :o)

Get out all your chili dog goodies.  You could use homemade chili for it, but homemade chili never gets that thick, pasty texture that canned does.  Chili in a can is quite delightful.
Photobucket

Preheat oven to 350.  Line a 9x13 casserole dish with foil.  Spread mayo on both sides of each hot dog bun.  Even if you hate mayo like I do, trust me on this one.  If you love mayo, then spread it on thick.  Line them up in the dish.  You can fit 8 in.
Photobucket

Add a hot dog, relish (for the love of all things holy, use dill relish and not sweet relish), then mustard.
Photobucket


Then, add your chili, chopped onions and shredded cheese.
Photobucket

Really, REALLY cover them with cheese.  I probably could have used another whole bag. :o)
Photobucket

Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Photobucket

This is what you get.
Photobucket
Photobucket


Grab some napkins.
Photobucket

Sweet angel Tallulah liked them.  Thumbs up.
Photobucket

Tanner didn't like them?  Please stop me from the heart attack I'm having from the shock that he didn't like something.
Photobucket


Hot dogs
buns
mayo
mustard
diced onion
pickle relish
chili
cheese

Heat oven to 350.  Spread buns with mayo.  Assemble your hotdogs in a 9x13 casserole.
Add relish, mustard, onions, chili.
Cover the whole operation with shredded cheese.
Cover dish with foil then bake for 30 min.
Enjoy!

1 comment: